The district operates a 17 seater Ford Transit minibus which is available for any Scout groups to use. We operate on a not-for-profit basis and the costs are shared among the users. If groups can not supply their own driver, we may be able to help with identifying a suitable Scouting volunteer.
Use of the minibus is costed as follows:Running Costs
- 88p per mile including fuel. The minimum charge is £25 for each booking.
- £50 per day (with unlimited mileage) excluding fuel. The minimum charge is £50.
- The user Group is responsible for any insurance excess in the event of any incident. (Fire £150, Theft £150, Accidental Damage £150, Windscreen Chip Repair £10 Vehicle glass replacement £75).
- Any user that is not operating the minibus as part of Chester-le-Street District must have and display their own group’s section 19 permit.
Drivers should:Driver Eligibility
- Be aged at least 21 years old and under 70 years old
- Have category D1 on their licence (and D1+E if towing a trailer)
- Have at least 2 years’ driving experience at this class of vehicle
- Have a current MIDAS minibus certificate (or similar passenger carrying safety certificate from IAM or RoSPA) unless suitable current minibus driving experience is agreed beforehand